A long term recovery group (LTRG) is a cooperative body that is made up of representatives from faith-based, non-profit, government, business and other organizations working within a community to assist individuals and families as they recover from disaster.
LTRGs are as varied in their structure as are the communities in which they work. The personality and operation of each group is unique and reflects local needs, available resources, cultural diversity, leadership style, and community support. No matter how a group is structured or what it calls itself the goal is the same: to unite recovery resources with community needs in order to ensure that even the most vulnerable in the community recover from disaster.
Active LTRGs in Pennsylvania:
- Eastwick Unmet Needs Roundtable, Contact Julia Menzo – [email protected]
- Schuylkill County Long Term Recovery Committee, Contact John Blickley – [email protected]
- Southeast PA Regional Long Term Recovery Group, Contact Brian Baer – [email protected]
- Susquehanna County Long Term Recovery Committee, Contact Ken Bondurant – [email protected]
- York County Long Term Recovery Committee, Contact John Hilliard – [email protected]